Friday, October 14, 2011

quarterlay.

Look, he loves Tom Felton too.

I've got to say, the educational level of my independent reading this quarter has dramatically changed. In fact, before this class, I hadn't even bothered to read outside of school for at least the past two years. I believe I stopped around Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, whenever that came out.

So I've gone from a truly horrible first book, (goodness, I can't even remember its name), something to do with a deaf teenage girl who lives happily ever after. Then I turned to Then We Came To The End by Joshua Ferris, which.... I haven't even finished. Yeah, I haven't really finished anything: partially read the Joshua Ferris book, I intend to complete Lolita, I read the first four chapters of Angela's Ashes, and then now I'm on The Road, Blink, and some book on "The Psychotic Who Lives Next Door." Not the exact title, but it's something like that.

I am an incomplete person. A procrastinator, if you will. I like to deny myself deadlines. It's more fun that way, and I work superbly under pressure. For reals.

Yeah, I'll get to finishing those books, I promise.

My goal for next quarter: FINISH THE BOOKS I STARTED. and also, no more picking stupid teenybopper books. Like Twilight. Not that I've read that in the past, like, 4 years or anything. It's only an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment