Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blech, I believe I've thrown up.

I've finished Whip It, and it sucked. Honestly, it did. Maybe it really is because I just got through with the ever-so-complicated Lolita, but it for reals sucked. I don't even know how it became a movie. Though, the concept is kind of cool-- you never hear about roller derby at all really, so it's unique.

But that's all it has going for it. I mean, at the end, Bliss didn't even get back together with her apparently-smokin' boyfriend. What's up with that? What happens is: Bliss miraculously wins yet another derby competition (as do all protagonists in teen novels; win, I mean) and her boyfriend (who apparently cheated) taps her on the shoulder and says "Nice goin', sexy." Then she shoves him away instead of making out with him, and goes on with her life.


THAT'S IT. wtf. What kind of ending is that? A stupid ending is what it is.
Yeah, I'm a Debbie Downer. But whatevs, I gotta put my view point on this blog. This is a response post right? Just a response to a terrible ending-slash-book.

The girl who sits next to me (A.B.) has alerted me to the fact that Whip It: The Movie is for reals good. I think I already knew that though. Props to Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore for making an awesome movie out of a mediocre book.

No comments:

Post a Comment