Friday, August 26, 2011

The Here and Now

Currently, I'm reading:
Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris

And I've regretfully finished:
Read My Lips by Teri Brown

This week: 277 pages

SENTENCES THIS WEEK:
There's only one, and it has nothing to do with etymology or reading. But it was hilarious, and I sincerely hope you didn't just have to be there, to think it's funny. I'll paint a scenario. Here goes:

It actually happened 7th period today. We were all sitting in math class, and the teacher starts pointing to people and asking if anyone knows their names, on account of how we are supposed to be learning eachothers' names. The teacher jokes around and asks, "who's that ugly kid sitting back there?" Nobody knew his name of course, and said nothing. Then all of a sudden the kid sitting next to him goes (in a slow, sure voice, as if he actually knows what he's talking about)

"HIS NAME'S EASY TO REMEMBER CAUSE 'U-G-L-Y' HAS FOUR LETTERS AND 'R-O-B-B-I-E HAS SIX."

I busted out laughing. People these days, I wonder about them.

Anyway, that's my sentence of the week.
Hasta Luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment