Sunday, November 6, 2011

A miniature response post for last week. I suppose I'll do an enormously long one for this week.

So.... The Art of War.
It's not what I thought it was gonna be, but it is interesting. That's it though-- interesting. I only read about 60 pages so far, but 45 of that was an introduction that I may have secretly skipped....

So theres a Master Sun Tzu, who was the mother of all master kung fu artists (yeah, idk-- I skipped the intro, remember) and all the other martial arts guys look up to him. Sun Tzu basically just states a rule, like that a good general or leader must be good towards the people in order for the people to support the cause of the war. Mostly common sense stuff. And then underneath the aformentioned rule, the other generals, like I don't know, Cao Cao, will basically just restate it in his own words. Really redundant. But interesting all the same.

The reason I'm even considering reading this, is because when my father was an officer in the army, he was assigned to read it (but he never did, cuz he didn't really like to read), and since that might (most likely) be my future, I figure, I might as well get it out of the way.

It's so boring though, so I don't think I'm gonna finish all 500 pages of it. I think it's more than 500, more like 2000-- which definitely means I won't finish it. And it's completely repetitive.... I'm really good at stating the negative aspects of stuff. Side effect of being  a pessimist.

OMG. I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A MOVIE CALLED THE ART OF WAR WITH WESLEY SNIPES! Who's watching this? I am. 'Cos I love Wesley Snipes. And Blade. Maybe It'll summarize Sun Tzu's version, though I highly doubt it. AND it's an instant play on Netflix! Omgz.

No comments:

Post a Comment