Friday, November 4, 2011

Currentlay

Pages this week: 120
Pages this quartie: 130 + 160 + 120 (I think those are the right numbers) equals 420

the best of the conglomerate sentences:

And here's Siobhan: in love with a dead man with desperate eyes, a man she's never met, a man she bled for twice.

Kurt was watching her from the magazine. He was beautiful, really beautiful, angelic and blond. Painful to look at.

He doesn't write anything, really, so it is an unfamiliar feeling to him to place his pen on this paper and write the words 'Dear Geri.' Next comes 'I'. Next comes a blank sort of terror.

All of these are from The Words of Every Song,  and the last one, about Geri, hits me the hardest. The book doesn't fully explain what he is to write next in this letter to Geri, but it's pretty obvious that the word 'I' is to be followed with 'love' and then 'you.' And the writer of the letter is scared witless to put those words on paper-- probably because writing it down solidifies his feelings for her, and those feelings should have long ago been erased. Hence, the terror of admission. I feel for him--even though he's fictional--I really do. Partly because, love is a strong word. Whenever someone says 'I HATE YOU' to another, the recipient replies with "hate is a strong word." And that makes me want to say, "well, love is a strong word too, and people seem to have no problem throwing that around. Except for me and this dude writing a letter to Geri apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment