Friday, November 11, 2011

Fin.

Concerning my reading selection:


I have always hated romance. I think I would have incarcerated myself, had I chosen to write about love for the anthology project. But of course, I didn't. I probably chose the opposite, or something that stems from the opposite, if you get my drift. Anyway, in novels, I hate fluffy, mushy, supposedly teenage-high-school-based, perfect love. Or anything that attempts to imitate it in so-called literature. Lolita was as close as I got to that, but to be honest, that is definitely not even remotely what I just described. It's between a pedophile and a thirteen year old girl for chrissakes.

So basically, this semester, I chose anything that didn't resemble that. I love anything to do with music, hence The Words of Every Song. I -- do not love per se-- but I find war incredibly entertaining and engrossing, therefore, I chose The Art of War, and The Things They Carried. I adore vulgarity and profanity, a side-effect of being a teenager, so I loved Then We Came to the End. Tragedies are infinitely more interesting than happy-endings, so I was drawn to Angela's Ashes.

I love this boy.
 I had an incredibly hard time sticking to any singular book, for I would always find something more interesting whilst perusing through the shelves of the library. Yeah, I don't think I actually finished any of the books I started, but shhhh. Because finishing all those books was my goal for this quarter. HOLD UP. I finished The Things They Carried, but that was, uh, an assignment for AP Comp. It was an amazing fictional war novel (about Vietnam, and when I say amazing-- I really do mean it....), so I had no problem charging through it. I didn't actually list that on my reading log bookmark, so it can't be considered cheating. No Sir-ee.

I'll admit, sometimes I had a bit of trouble getting in the page quota for the weeks. So much physics and AP Comp and stupid PreCalc/Trig and Econ. Not that that's an excuse or anything. But PreCalc kills me. As does physics, kind of. It's a liable excuse in mine eyes. Mine eyes. Is that grammatically correct? It sounds a bit Old English-y. I assume it is.




Did I meet the requirements for the 'final' blog post? I believe I did. This looks like 250 words or more. So, Mr. Hill, if this is indeed our last post, then I shall never touch this blog again. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I don't believe blogging is for me. Goodbye forever.

I feel as though that was the shortest, most sour, final goodbye I've ever scrounged up. My apologies, but I have no intention of improving it.

Ta-ta,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment